Monday, August 22, 2011

13 July to 20 July 2011 - Week 4: Facing the music…

By this stage I had pretty much given up on the rules of the experiment. Ever since the hot showers and meat started creeping back into my daily routine, there was no way I was going to get back on track. In any case, I had to concentrate on preparing the Asia-Pacific dinner for the rest of the class (as part of a series of international dinners that my class has prepared for each other over the last 2 semesters). As one of the cooks, I realized that I would soon be consuming massive amounts of meat, chocolate, coconut and kiwi fruit at this event, and my motivation to continue the experiment was close to zero.

I must admit that I did feel a bit guilty relating my many failures to the cameras during the filming for the documentary - at least I was honest. I guess it just goes to show that it is pretty difficult to change your habits – even just for a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment