Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The End

I realized that I already said the last time that it would be my very last blog comment. Well, so this time for real. Now that the whole thing is already over, I try to draw something like a conclusion out of it though I think can’t really give justice to these four extraordinary weeks. Well, any way…. Being generally a very optimistic person I have a tendency to at least see everything as a learning experience and these last few weeks surely were. First of all, you learn how weak you are and how deeply rooted your habits are. This was not totally new to me, but still it was striking. Buuuuuut nevertheless being or trying to be sustainable is FUN (at least partly)!!! For me it was following a very direct and easy rewarding scheme. If you go to the market e.g. the people are three times friendlier than the grumpy lady in the supermarket. They can actually tell you a story about the food they are selling. Even accompanied by Philipp, our camera man, they were open and friendly. The supermarket guard just made sure we would stop filming immediately! Also cold showers can be a very rewarding experience as Luis already pointed out, you feel like a million afterwards. All in all, doing good things gives you a good feeling (that sounds like a quote from one of these positive thinking bibles…urgh).
Surely, all of us have sinned. Some more than the others and we have all learnt that it’s hard and surely not easy. In the end, one has to keep in mind that we went for the radical way, the way of pain (wow, this now sounds like taken from an old western movie…).I am naturally aware of the fact that this is not a solution to alter mass opinion. For me it was an opportunity to gain a feeling of how far I can go.

No comments:

Post a Comment